With the cold weather sending temperatures plummeting across the UK and Ireland, many people are turning to their stoves to provide warmth and comfort. If you’re new to wood-burning stoves and aren’t 100% sure of how to properly use one, please refer to our step by step guide below:
1. Open the primary air vent/control and the airwash controls. This is to ensure the fire will receive enough oxygen to get it going.
2. Put some scrunched up paper or a firelighter on the grate. Add some dry kindling wood and light the firelighter or paper. This creates the perfect firebed in your stove and the kindling materials will help the fire last longer.
3. Leave the door of the stove slightly open white the fire establishes, and the glass begins to warm up. By doing this, the likelihood of condensation building up on the inside of the glass is reduced.
4. Add some larger pieces of wood when you notice the fire is going well. Make sure you don’t fill the chamber with logs as this can smother the fire.
5. Once the logs have caught fire, you can close the door fully.
6. Close the primary air control.
7. Control the burn rate using the airwash when the stove is at operating temperature.
8. You can continue to add small amounts of additional fuel to help maintain the fire.
Fuel for your Wood Burning Stove
We supply a great range of fuel for open fires and wood burning stoves. Heat Logs, for example, are very easy to light and will burn with a natural looking flame. They are made from compressed woodchip and sawdust and are ideal for getting the fire going.
Our Kiln Dried Logs are the most efficient logs for lighting your wood burning stove. They’re ready to burn immediately and are very easy to light, which is perfect if you don’t want to spend a lot of time lighting your stove. They provide a clean burn with a satisfying heat output. If you’re looking for fuel for your wood burning stove, browse the collection of appropriate fuels on www.coalhut.com.
From Kiln dried hardwood logs to heat logs, you’ll find the most efficient logs for lighting a fire in a wood burning stove right here at Coal Hut. Shop online today or get in touch for more information.